Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChrisA90

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChrisA90

  1. Me: I'm not excited about The Hunt for Gollum Andy Serkis: I have cast Kate Winslet as the female lead Me: You have my curiosity ... can you get my attention?
  2. The crash site from Astro Bot. Just spend all day partying with PlayStation icons.
  3. Playing Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis. I had a cartridge that had Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine on it. I remember Sonic 2 could be multiplayer with someone controlling Tails, so sometimes I'd play with my parents. One of us would be Sonic and the other Tails. My parents are not gamers, but that was fun. Gaming became a big hobby for me after that and I only got more into it once I got PS1 and PS2. This isn't an early memory, but playing through all the big PlayStation exclusives on PS4 during COVID is what helped me re-identify as a gamer. I stopped gaming when I started college because I just didn't have the time. I was so bored that first weekend of the pandemic I bought a PS4 just so I would have something to do. It reminded me how much fun gaming can be, and it's once again one of my main hobbies.
  4. Now that Hoppers is out, what are your favorite Pixar movies? My top 5 would have to be: Toy Story 3 (and the whole franchise by extension) Monsters Inc The Incredibles Inside Out WALL-E Honorable mentions to Finding Nemo, Up, Ratatouille. That run from Toy Story to Toy Story 3 (give or take a Cars) was unlike anything we've seen.
  5. Benoit Blanc and Batman: World's Greatest Detectives
  6. Lord of the Rings is one of my favorite film series of all time. I feel like I should be excited for Hunt for Gollum, but I'm just not. I was very disappointed with The Hobbit movies, and as much as I love Andy Serkis the actor, his track record as a director is ... not great. I just don't see how they can catch lightning in a bottle again with a recast Aragorn and a story that reads thin on paper. Not everything needs to be like Marvel or Star Wars with spinoffs and new installments. Sometimes, it's okay to just let things end.
  7. These are some of my favorite movies of all time, not just sequels
  8. The Shire. Spend the week drinking and partying with Hobbits without a care in the world.
  9. Yeah, this movie rocks. Felt like a breath of fresh air for Pixar. Really cool they were allowed the freedom to be as bonkers as they wanted with the humor. The animals being so nonchalant about possibly being eaten is hysterical.
  10. ChrisA90 replied to Nauutiluus's topic in Gaming
    If licensed soundtracks count, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is up there for me. Half the fun of that game is just listening to the songs while you skate around the levels.
  11. Empire Strikes Back
  12. I'm going to continue my Resident Evil Requiem playthrough. I'm halfway through the story and looking forward to seeing what happens next.
  13. ChrisA90 replied to Nauutiluus's topic in Gaming
    This was stuck in my head for days after playing Shinobi
  14. I think we all have at least one movie that didn't fully click after the first watch but did on a rewatch. For me, the first one that comes to mind is Inglorious Basterds. I remember some of the marketing materials sold it as like some action comedy about Brad Pitt mowing down Nazis, so when I finally got a chance to watch the movie, I was surprised that the Basterds themselves were only a small part of it and was actually a little disappointed. Second time through, when I knew what I was getting into, I absolutely loved it. It's one of my favorite Tarantino films.
  15. ChrisA90 replied to Nauutiluus's topic in Gaming
    Astro Bot has an awesome soundtrack. Big Wave is a banger!
  16. The happy nerd tears I cried upon hearing "Chewie, we're home." Even after all these years, that line still gets me.
  17. When I first heard about The Social Network, I went, "Really? They made a movie about the creation of Facebook?" I saw this trailer and did a complete 180. This is a perfect trailer. For context, Social Network came out before I became a real film buff and started following movie news on a daily basis. I had no idea who David Fincher was, who Aaron Sorkin was, etc. That changed very quickly after seeing the film lol.
  18. After seeing this, I knew this was going to be one of my favorite movies of all time
  19. What did you think of the Lanterns trailer? I was definitely caught off guard by how grounded it was. Surprised we didn't see any ring powers or effects. Guess they're holding that back for closer to release. Still excited to watch the show though! Feels really different.
  20. Second what James said. Kelvin Timeline is the only Trek media I've really actively consumed (outside of when I was a kid and my Trekkie grandfather tried to show me some of the OG movies ... Star Trek '79 didn't hit the same as Star Wars for me lol). I wish that Kelvin cast had gotten a fourth movie, but hopefully the Goldstein and Daley film is reminiscent of it in spirit and tone. They're pretty creative directors. I remember being pleasantly surprised by Game Night.
  21. My Toy Story fandom actually predates my Star Wars fandom by one year. I saw Toy Story in theaters when I was 5. I remember having a bunch of the toys. I had my own Buzz action figure and stuff like that. Star Wars was a whole other level though. I had all kinds of things. Movies, toys, books, video games.
  22. I have always loved the imagery of Leo being positioned above everyone else partying. Like he's a god to them.
  23. Project Hail Mary and Hoppers. Very excited for both, especially since they seem to be great.
  24. I've been to a handful of SDCCs and Star Wars Celebration one year. I'm a big Star Wars fan, so that was probably my favorite overall con experience. But SDCC was a ton of fun too. Got to see a couple of Marvel panels. I spent a lot of time in Hall H.
  25. Still holding out hope the Kratos design will look fine in motion with color grading and everything

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.