Everything posted by ChrisA90
-
What Do You Want to See in the Mando and Grogu Super Bowl Trailer?
It sounds like we're getting a new Mandalorian and Grogu trailer during the Super Bowl. I know the first teaser trailer didn't go over well with everyone, so what can Lucasfilm show in the Super Bowl spot to get you excited? I'd like some establishing of the general stakes so we understand why this story had to be a movie instead of season 4 of the TV show. The first teaser didn't really do anything in setting up what the story is. I know Lucasfilm likes secrecy, but I think this is a case where they need to peel the curtain back a bit more.
-
January had some very fun movies!
I wanted to see Send Help but the winter storm kept me inside during its opening weekend. I'll get around to it eventually.
-
What Game Would You Like to See Remade?
There are so many remakes and remasters these days, so if you had the power to get one greenlit, what game would you pick? Outside of the PlayStation franchises of my youth (Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper), I would love a modern remake of the first Resident Evil. Have it be in the style of the RE2 and RE4 remakes. I haven't played the first RE game because I keep holding out hope Capcom is gonna do this at some point. Feels like easy money for them.
-
What Games Are You Excited to Play in February?
In terms of new releases, I'm looking forward to Resident Evil Requiem. Excited to play as Leon again! I recently started a replay of Rise of the Tomb Raider. I want to do Rise and Shadow before Legacy of Atlantis comes out (I replayed the first reboot last year). So that'll keep me busy until Requiem is out.
-
What do you think the balance of the Force is in Star Wars?
First thing that comes to mind is Luke's first lesson to Rey in TLJ.
-
What movie are you most excited to see this February?
I'm looking forward to seeing Good Luck, Have Fun, Don't Die. That looks like it could be a lot of fun.
-
What trailers are you hoping to see during this year’s Super Bowl?
Brand New Day is the big one. I'd also like to see a new Mando and Grogu trailer. Maybe one that actually gets people excited?
-
What are you watching this week?
I have started catching up on some Oscar nominees. I watched Blue Moon last night and If I Had Legs I'd Kick You the other day.
-
When Should PS6 Come Out?
I got my PS4 the first weekend of COVID. I had no idea Sony was about to announce PS5 for later that year lol. I was like "Of course"
-
When Should PS6 Come Out?
Yeah, I feel like we've gotten to a point with graphics where they're so advanced now I don't even know where they can go from here. Arkham Knight came out in 2015 and looks like something that could have been released last year.
-
Which Spider-man video game is the best?
I agree. Spider-Man 2018 was so special. I love the whole Insomniac series. Can't wait for the next game. Honorable mentions: The Spider-Man Neversoft made for PS1, the Spider-Man 2 tie-in game for PS2.
-
When Should PS6 Come Out?
The initial rumors were PS6 could come out in late 2027, but now I'm seeing that it could be delayed for a bit (rising cost of RAM playing a role). Personally, I'd be fine if PS6 didn't release until 2030 or something. I think since it takes longer to develop games now, console generations should last longer to reflect that. I'm perfectly happy with my PS5 and am in no rush for another one.
-
Thanos might be in Avengers: Secret Wars (Is that too much nostalgia bait?)
If we get Doom killing Thanos, it might be worth it
-
Do you think Lucasfilm was right to cancel The Acolyte?
I was really looking forward to seeing where the Plagueis tease was going. Would have liked to seen at least Season 2 to wrap things up
-
What Nerdy Thing Are You During the Snowpocalypse?
Gaming for me as long as there's power.
-
Do you still want to see Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4?
If I had the power, I would make it. I was curious to see what Tomlin had in mind, and as someone who grew up with the Raimi trilogy (that was my intro to Spider-Man), I feel like he deserves a shot to make one more and definitively end his series on a high note.
-
What's a Great Game You (Probably) Won't Replay?
I've tried to get into GTA V a few times since I got back into gaming (2020) and kept bouncing off it. Might be a hot take, but I'm not the biggest fan of how Rockstar games feel to play. I love the presentation and how lived-in the open worlds feel, but yeah I agree with the mechanics.
-
Thoughts on Major Ubisoft Overhaul?
Me too. I played Rayman Legends for the first time last year and that was a lot of fun. I second what Amanda's saying. I don't understand a big live-service push. It didn't work for PlayStation and I don't think it'll work now. I was really bummed out about PlayStation's pivot to live-service. I only play single player games, and we could have gotten great new games from Naughty Dog, Bend, Bluepoint, etc. if they just stayed in that lane. Same thing's happening with Ubisoft now.
-
Darth Maul: Shadow Lord trailer is out - what do you think?
This looks great. Can't wait to see more of Maul. Shout out to Lucasfilm animation for correcting one of the prequels' biggest mistakes (killing Maul too early). He's become a very interesting character.
-
What Oscar Movies Do You Want/Need to Catch Up On?
Now that the nominations are out, what's getting added to your watchlist? I have a handful. I need to watch Hamnet, Sentimental Value, and Train Dreams. Want to check out If I Had Legs I'd Kick You and Blue Moon too.
-
What's your favorite MCU movie in the Multiverse Saga?
I'm not lying when I say the opening credits sequence of Rocket singing along to the acoustic version of Creep will be one of my personal defining film images of the decade. That has stuck with me since I saw it in theaters. Perfect way to set the tone for what's coming.
-
Did the Master of Universe trailer get you excited for the movie?
I know next to nothing about this IP. Never followed it. But the trailer caught my curiosity. Looks like it could be a fun summer blockbuster.
-
If you could bring one show back, what would it be?
The Acolyte. I wanted to see where that Plagueis tease was going, goddamnit.
-
What do you think of the Oscars 2026 nominations?
I fist pumped when I saw F1 in Best Picture and Amy Madigan in Best Supporting Actress. Super cool to see those two get some love. Very happy for Sinners, One Battle, and Marty Supreme. Those were probably my three favorite movies of the year. My gut feeling has always been this is PTA's Oppenheimer moment, but wouldn't be against Sinners getting the win. Leo vs. Timmy in Actor is gonna be a tough call for me. Big fan of both. I was never the biggest fan of The Revenant, so I'd like to see Leo win for a movie I actually enjoyed watching lol. But Timmy earned it too.
-
What's a Great Game You (Probably) Won't Replay?
We all have favorites we could replay any day, but what's a great game you think is one and done for you? My pick would probably be Cyberpunk 2077. I played it after all the updates and the Phantom Liberty expansion came out and had a blast with it, but it took me a very long time to get through. If I were to do a replay, it'd eat into time to play other games, and there's so much else out there to play. I have relatively small windows of time for gaming during the day, so slowly chipping away at an RPG for a few months isn't all that appealing to me.