Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChrisA90

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChrisA90

  1. I'd be in Finding Nemo, so things would be pretty chill honestly (assuming I'm a human and not a fish trying to escape from a tank)
  2. My first instinct was to say the Batmobile, but as a huge Star Wars fan, it'd be awesome to have the Millennium Falcon. I got to do Smugglers Run at Galaxy's Edge a few years back and it was a childhood dream come true. Back to the Future's DeLorean would be fun too.
  3. Grace Rocky made Chris cry. I loved it. Gosling was fantastic. I was fully invested in the story. The visuals were great too. I wish I could have seen this in IMAX. Lord and Miller really stepped their game up (maybe they'd be a good fit for a Star Wars movie? 😉). It's my favorite movie of the year so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's still near the top by the end of the year. Though The Odyssey and Dune should have something to say about that. I'm already dreading the Gosling/Rocky reunion at next year's Oscars for an awkward drawn out "comedy" bit before the winner for Best Production Design gets played off after 30 seconds.
  4. There are literally hundreds, but if I had to pick one, it would be Empire Strikes Back. Goodfellas is a very close second though.
  5. Project Hail Mary. Honorable mentions go to Hoppers and Send Help, but Project Hail Mary made me cry over a rock.
  6. I think Jean Grey too. I'd honestly rather that than the Mayday Parker stuff that had been going around a while back. I don't really want any multiverse elements in this one.
  7. I recently rewatched 22 Jump Street, and the reveal that Schmidt is dating Captain Dickson's daughter is as funny now as it was when I first saw it. I remember my entire theater cracked up. That got me wondering, what movie made you laugh the hardest in theaters? I'm talking like full belly laugh, not chuckling a bit at a one liner or something. You're laughing so hard that if you were watching at home, you'd have to pause it so you don't miss the next line. Other than that 22 Jump Street moment, the biggest one that comes to mind as an adult is that scene from Hoppers (don't want to spoil it for anyone). I was legit laughing out loud for a couple minutes straight. When I was a kid, my mom took me to see Shrek. I was hysterically laughing throughout the "Welcome to Duloc" song. I remember being the only one laughing that hard. I was like 11 and thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.
  8. I liked it for the most part. I think this might be the best looking MCU Spidey movie yet. I thought the visuals were strong. I enjoyed the close up of the eye under the mask while he's falling through the air. Don't think I've seen a shot like that before. I'm gonna hold off judgment until the movie is out, but I was not a fan of how prominent Ned and MJ are in the trailer. I get having them in a scene or two to establish Peter is having a hard time moving on, but the whole point of No Way Home's ending was he realized they were better off without him. And now he's like trying to reinsert himself into their lives again. I really hope this doesn't end with the three of them as best friends again. Maybe there's still a "Peter learns to move on" arc here, but I always saw Brand New Day as a way to wipe the slate clean and bring in new supporting characters (hi, Harry Osborn).
  9. It's like Sony's marketing department saw Conan's "make movies appeal to the younger generation" bit at the Oscars and thought it sounded like a great idea. I genuinely don't understand releasing 2 second clips like this.
  10. The Dune 3 trailer is here! https://comicbook.com/movies/news/dune-part-three-trailer-reveals-epic-conclusion-to-denis-villeneuves-sci-fi-masterpiece/ Looks so good. I can see why they're not afraid of going up against Doomsday with this. I wish I lived close to an IMAX theater so I could see it that way.
  11. See the Dune: Part Three trailer just as Denis Villeneuve intended ... while you're scrolling through TikTok. I'm with Allison. I don't see what's wrong with just releasing the full trailer on YouTube. Is there market research that shows Gen Z is gonna be more excited about a trailer if they see it in 2 second chunks on MrAwesomeGamerGuy's Instagram reels first? That's sad if true. Maybe I am old.
  12. Makes me miss the "trailer for the trailer" thing. I'd rather Sony post a 30 second sizzle reel hyping the trailer release than whatever the hell this is.
  13. I enjoyed it! Looking forward to the show.
  14. I would have voted for Benicio in Best Supporting Actor. Sensei was awesome. Everything Everywhere All at Once, Oppenheimer, Anora, and One Battle is a pretty strong string of BP winners. Which means we're probably due for the next Crash soon lol.
  15. Oh. Something else I'll add. They need to stop playing people off. The acceptance speech cutoffs this year felt more awkward than usual. Being selective about who gets played off (they would never play a "big name" like PTA or Coogler off) obviously doesn't do anything to make the ceremony shorter. Just let people talk. For a lot of those below the line people, this is their one chance to have the spotlight on them.
  16. Very happy that PTA got his moment. Long overdue. Shades of Nolan and Oppenheimer a couple years ago. I'm also very happy PTA and Coogler won awards. It's great that One Battle and Sinners weren't going against each other in screenplay. That was cool they both got to share that. I was selfishly rooting for Leo in Best Actor, but can't go wrong with MBJ. That was a great moment, and also super cool he and Coogler won Oscars on the same night for the same film. Their careers are obviously so intertwined. Amy Madigan winning made me so happy. Nice to see the Oscars recognize genre movies like that. Two performances in horror movies won! Who woulda thought?
  17. ChrisA90 replied to Sara's topic in Movies
    Jaws
  18. The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Goodfellas, The Dark Knight
  19. I would also love a Star Wars Bounty Hunter remake. I played that game a bunch. It was fun.
  20. Now that it's been out for a couple of weeks, how's everyone liking Resident Evil Requiem? I just finished my playthrough the other day and I really enjoyed it. I liked how Grace and Leon's segments felt distinct from each other. I found myself always on my toes when playing as Grace, and with Leon I was basically the Doom Slayer. I thought that was cool. The Girl is straight up nightmare fuel. Every time that thing appeared I panicked.
  21. I started another playthrough of God of War 2018. All the casting news about the show + the announcement of the Greek remakes made me want to jump back into that franchise.
  22. I voted for One Battle as well. That was my favorite movie of last year. Though it would be really cool if Sinners won.
  23. Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, or some of the other Ratchet and Clank games. Like some of the PS2 era sequels to bridge the gap more between the 2016 OG remake and Rift Apart.
  24. ChrisA90 replied to Leslie's topic in Movies
    As a '90s baby who grew up with the prequels, I will always have a soft spot for Jar Jar. He entertained me when I was a kid. Yeah, it doesn't hit as well as an adult, but you can see what Lucas was going for. And the character was also an important milestone in movie VFX. Jar Jar walked so Gollum could run. I always thought it would have been cool if he made a cameo in Episode 9 to do something like give Finn and Poe important intel on the First Order to help take them down. Redemption arc for giving Palpatine the emergency powers in AOTC. We will probably never see him in live action again, but I'm happy Ahmed Best knows he's loved and appreciated now. Seeing him in Mando Season 3 was such a great moment.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.